Chicken Cordon Bleu
Wed Aug 09 10:26 2023
Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic French dish made with chicken breast that is pounded thin, layered with ham and cheese, and then breaded and fried. It is typically served with a side of mashed potatoes or rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness; spread butter on the insides. Sprinkle with thyme. Top with a slice of ham and cheese; roll up tightly. Wrap each with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk. Place flour in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, oregano and cheese. Dip each chicken breast into egg mixture; dip into flour to coat. Dip each again into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
You May Be Interested