The Féria du Riz is a rice festival that takes place every October in Arles, France. The festival was first held in 1985 and has since become one of the most popular rice festivals in France.
During the festival, Arles is transformed into a rice lover's paradise. The streets are lined with rice stalls selling a variety of rice dishes, from sweet to savory. There are also cooking demonstrations, rice-making workshops, and a rice-eating contest.
The Féria du Riz is a great way to experience the history and culture of rice in Arles.
Here are: some of the highlights of the Féria du Riz:
- Rice tastings: There are plenty of opportunities to try different types of rice, from local Camargue red rice to imported rice from around the world.
- Rice dishes: There are a variety of rice dishes to choose from, including paella, risotto, and rice salads.
- Cooking demonstrations: Learn how to cook like a pro from local chefs.
- Rice-making workshops: Learn how to grow and harvest rice.
- Rice-eating contest: Test your skills in the annual rice-eating contest.
- Live music: Enjoy live music from local bands.
- Family-friendly activities: There are plenty of activities for kids, such as face painting and games.